Sunday, March 22, 2015

These Easter Egg Magnets are fast and easy!

Here's a fast, easy, kid-friendly Easter craft for you and kids of all ages.

Sometime last year I picked up these little glittery wooden Easter Eggs.


Aren't they cute?

I decided to make magnets out of them for extra Easter decor.  This craft was super easy and fast, and would be great to do with children of any age.

So, I thought I'd share it with you. Really - you'll love how very easy this is!

First -
Gather your supplies.

1.  Glue
     - I used Aleen's Tacky Glue which I love.  It's versatile and has yet to disappoint me.
2.  Small, flat, wood Easter Eggs
     - I got these at Hobby Lobby and bonus - they were very inexpensive.
3.  Magnetic Tape Strips
     - You can use any kind of magnet you like.  I just happened to have these on hand.

(I have not been remunerated by Aleen's or Hobby Lobby or the Magnet Strip company in any way.  I just wanted you to know where I got my supplies and what I like to use.)


Second -
Cut and glue the magnetic strips to the back of the wooden eggs.

If you use magnetic tape strips, you'll need to cut them to the size you need.


These strips were self-adhesive and I tried to just use them just as they came, but they fell off.  So...I used glue.

 
If you cut your own strips, make sure to glue the side with the line on it - that also has the adhesive on it.  Otherwise, you'll end up with a tacky magnet instead of the smooth side.

After you put the glue on the tacky side of the magnets, put it on the back of the Easter egg and press firmly.

This is especially fun for kids.  They'll LOVE 'smooshing' (that's the technical term - ha!) the magnet and seeing the glue squish out on the edges.  And you do need to let the glue squish out so you can be certain to have a good bond.


Third -
Let the glue dry.  It was dry in a few hours, but I waited overnight to make sure it was completely set before putting them on the metal sign I am using.

Here they are!


Now it's your turn!  What is one of your favorite, easy, fast Easter crafts?
Leave me a link in the comments and I'll come take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!